Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Trip to Idaho and 3 new Tortoises

I drove up to Twin Falls, Idaho this weekend to meet the owner of the Land Turtle & Tortoise Rescue for a tortoise swap. Do you follow them on Facebook? You should. Click HERE.

I LOVED driving up to Idaho by myself. Well... technically it was me and two box turtles. :) I picked up these two to deliver to Kacy.

An Ornate who was FEISTY! And needed a beak trim.


And a regular female who was very shy and obviously got bit by a dog at some point in her life.


I had never been to that part of Idaho as an adult! And to go there alone was fantastic. I left my zoo in the capable hands of my hubby & kids and took a much needed break. I listened to a book on CD as I drove too-- "The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto" by Mitch Albom. LOVED it!


Friday night, I drove around and saw the Snake river. That river is incredible! In Idaho, you can see all the way around you, almost from horizon to horizon. SO gorgeous. I fell in love with that area immediately.



On Saturday, I went to see one of the sets of water falls on the Snake River- the Twin Falls. The other set, the Shoshone Falls, I ran out of time to see. But there are two sets and that's why the city "Twin Falls" has that name. :) The Snake River has been super full because of the wet winter and the falls were running fast & hard. 


I met Kacy and gave her the two box turtles and she gave me three tortoises to take back to Utah. One is staying with me (and will show up on the blog later). One went to my rescue brother Joe. The other, Merlin, is about to be adopted out. He's a doll!


Before she left, I decided to keep one of the box turtles- no, not the feisty one. :) I kept the sweet one and brought her back home with me. I'll blog about her later.

I had such a wonderful trip. I wish I could have stayed longer, but am already making plans to take my family back there so we can hike in the river gorge and watch the falls and enjoy the beauty.

Check out the sunset pic I took Friday night: