Thursday, March 23, 2017

Bathing the Demon Tegu

Since I felt pretty confident after bathing two "aggressive" Savannah monitors,  I decided to bathe Norman (who is actively shedding right now).

Yeah, that exhausted me the rest of the way.


I couldn't take any pics because it took both hands to contain him. I put cream on his hands & feet and noticed he's missing a few more toenails. He goes back to the vet on Monday. I hope that Dr Folland is happy with his progress.

I argued with Norman as I tried to smoosh him to my chest to hold him still and keep him from whipping me. I told him I had to make him look good and show I had tried.

Norman wasn't impressed.

He started to poop on me.

Ugh.

Norman, Norman, Norman.

I call him "Mr Hissy Pants" because he huffs and puffs when he sees me.

Again, I will say it's amazing how my definitions of and tolerance for "Aggression" has changed after having iguanas. Norman is all huff & puff, but he doesn't even compare to the demon iguana Ramses. Or Midnight. Or Junie.

Perspective. It's a beautiful thing.