Monday, March 13, 2017

Junior at the Vet

This poor wee little baby is in BAD, BAD shape. His bones are mush and he's badly dehydrated and badly malnourished.

The vet & his tech gave him 3 cc's/mL's of saline and his first injection of calcium.


His mouth is so flimsy that we are going to limit the amount of things we give him orally. I'll be giving him calcium injections and saline injections. I have a feeding tube I can gently slip into his mouth so I can tube feed him Critical Care.

Thankfully, the weather in Utah is going to be lovely this week and I can get him in the sun everyday to help him metabolize the calcium better.


There's a chance that we'll be able to get Junior strong again, but, honestly, the odds are against him. But I will definitely be giving him all the chances he needs to survive.