Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sissy, rescue 174

I thought it would be great to call the two box turtles I took to Idaho "Sissy" and "Sassy" since one was shy & one was *not!* But turns out that the Sassy one was actually a boy.

That's okay. He went to live with the owners of the Land Turtle & Tortoise rescue in Idaho who are very skilled at caring for feisty, rambunctious, and busy ornate box turtles.

Sissy is a sweetheart and rather timid. She is a healthy and good looking normal box turtle and she came back home with me. For now, she'll stay here with me. If that becomes to much, I have a good friend who adores box turtles and will gladly adopt her.



I gotta read up on box turtle care again so I make sure I'm doing the right things for Sissy. It's been a couple years since I had a box turtle (who was an ornate turtle who wanted to feed on my flesh & drink my blood; meaning: he was *not* nice).

She's already enjoying the sunshine on the kitchen floor and is learning where to go to get food & water.

We are ALL counting down the days until the tortoises can be outside all day.