Thursday, April 13, 2017

Sweet Tiger

Today I had decided to be brave and do what I've been putting off for weeks. I made an appointment to have our beloved pet beardie Tiger put down. He's been growing sicker and sicker and nothing we've tried has helped. Because he was adopted by my daughter, I hesitated to do it-- especially when I learned on her birthday that there was nothing else to try to make Tiger well. :(

Tiger has gotten really bad the last two days. And even though today has ended up being a super crappy day here, we decided we owed it to Tiger to stop his suffering.

I had hopes of putting up his first pic versus later and how we trained him to give us kisses and how he's been the best beardie ever. I'm not quite to the point of feeling numb, but I'm close. I can't do it. Two of my three kids have been crying over Tiger. So I'm crying for me because I am losing two in one day and I'm going to miss Tiger and I'm sad because my kids are losing another pet.

It's too much today.

Here's Sweet Tiger, wrapped in his Christmas blankie. Even though he feels terrible, he still had to bob his head at Ziggy. Silly Tiger. Fly high, my love!