Saturday, April 1, 2017

Tickle's Singing & Selfies

We are bird-sitting Tickle, a male cockatiel, for our good friends this week for Spring Break. I love having a bird around! I grew up with cockatiels and so Tickle is a great buddy for me for a week. 

He rode around on my shoulder this morning until he saw the most handsome bird in the mirror! Then he sang passionately to it to woo him. ;) 


I tried to teach Tickle how to take selfies, but it didn't work so well. He was only in to the *extreme* closeups!



This afternoon, we watched the broadcast for General Conference for the LDS Church and Tickle got a little too excited to sing the closing song-- he started 15 minutes early! He sang directly into the bottom of my husband's foot until he saw the camera come out. Then he came over the camera to sing to it.


Tickle has a lot of personality and can sometimes be a brat when he's not getting what he wants. He likes to scream too when we aren't paying enough attention to him. Having him around for a week at a time, twice a year, is the perfect amount of time to get my bird fix. Then I'm happy enough to send him home and go back to my quiet reptiles.